dinsdag 16 oktober 2012

Cuttlebug Tuesday

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok and enjoying the Fall!

For this weeks challenge we have a very special guest at The Cuttlebug Spot, it's Miss Emma from My Creative Time, I love her!!
Not only is she very clever, she is my hero and I am proud that she has done us the honor!

For this weeks challenge it's early Thanksgiving time
"Make a 3D project with a Turkey" gobble gobble gobble!

A while ago I was on You Tube and found this amazing tutorial. It's a project for a paper pumkin! A great tutorial and I made it instantely!

Here is the result:

Isn't it gorgious? It's only my first attempt, you could sponge it to give it more interest, endless!

So when I had to come up for an idea for this weeks challenge, I thought of this pumpkin instantely and thought...this could be a perfect Turkey belly!!

And so I made one!

I started with Chocolatebrown CS and made 10 - 6"x 1" strips to for the body! I then used the Paisleyfolder and run them through the Cuttlebug to give it more texture. I then used one of the amazing drawings by Trina Clark, I only used the Turkey's head and mirrored it and put a woodpick in between to make it steady.
I then put the head on the body (lots of struggle but I got it in the end) and I used little leaves (Nestabilities)to make his neck. His little feet are made from 2 hearts also from Nestabilities.

His tail is made by 4 big leaves which I also Cuttlebugged to give it more texture as well, I LOVE IT!!!

And the funny thing is, if you open his belly, you can use it as a giftholder, for the host, you could put some chocolates in there or a bracelet or earrings.

Isn't it superduper cute???




So please enter this amazing challenge and don't forget to check our amazing DT as well. Jennifer, Kerry and Theresa

Deze week hebben we weer een hele leuke challenge, bij The Cuttlebug Spot, namelijk, maak een 3D object met een kalkoen! Een tijdje geleden vond ik op You Tube een hele leuke uitleg van een papieren pompoen en die heb ik toen ook meteen gemaakt, zie voorbeeld hierboven. Toen ik moest gaan bedenken wat ik voor deze challenge zou ga maken, dacht ik hé die pompoen kan ik ook als lijfje gebruiken van een kalkoen. En zo ontstond deze, het lijfje heb ik gemaakt van 10 stripjes en deze heb ik met een embossingfolder verfraaid. Zijn staart is gemaakt van 4 bladeren, ook geCuttlebugged en zijn koppie heb ik uitgeprint van één van de gewéldige tekeningen van Digiscrap Kits. Het was wel een gepriegel om hem in elkaar te krijgen maar oh oh oh wat issie weer leuk!! Je kunt het buikje openschuiven waardoor er ruimte ontstaat om een klein cadeautje in te stoppen voor de gastvrouw, bijvoorbeeld chocolaatjes of oorbelletjes of iets dergelijks!

Kom dus gauw mee doen met ons want ik ben zo benieuwd wat jullie hiervan maken!

1 opmerking:

  1. Love your turkey Jannie and what a good idea to fill him with sweets x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen