maandag 13 december 2010

The Cuttlebug Challenge - Happy New Year.... celebrate 2011 with any project of your choice

Hi everyone, Christmas is getting near, only 12 days before Christmas and although we all are probably pretty busy making last minute Christmascards, we at the Cuttlebug Spot like to think ahead, the New Year and that is this week's challenge!
Happy New Year.... celebrate 2011 with any project of your choice.

This is my project by choice! What I did, I downloaded a PDF file of a pencilcase, you can google online and there are lots and lots of templates! I printed it on a nice blue piece of CS. I then cut a piece for the front out of dark chocolate CS and run that through the Cuttlebug! With the folder which has all numbers, love that one!
Then I used the Happy New Year Teddy Bear from my sponsor at DigiScrapKits, I love them!! I cut out the one wearing a dinner jacket! With a ballon, he is super cute! I cut his jacket twice to give him more detail! I then used a stamp with Versa Mark and then used white embossing powder on the dark brown chocolate CS to spell the word ""Happy New Year" and I covered Happy with my own handwriting "Have a sparkling"

Inside the box I put some firework, which we use for our little childeren! I still love them!!

Deze week hebben wij bij de Cuttlebugspot een leuke challenge! Hoewel we nog druk bezig zijn met de laatste kerstdagen staat het Nieuwe Jaar ook alweer bijna voor de deur! Dus onze challenge is, doe iets met het Nieuwe jaar en geef je eigen invulling hieraan!

Ik heb een potlodendoosje gedownload van internet, er zijn zoveel voorbeelden, die je gratis van het internet kunt halen! Vervolgens heb ik deze uitgeprint om mooi blauw papier en uitgeknipt. Vervolgens heb ik een stukje donkerbruin papier door de Cuttlebug gehaald met de nummersfolder, deze is 1 van mijn favorieten! Vervolgens heb ik het beertje gekregen van mijn sponsor bij Digiscrapkits. Die heb ik voorop geplakt met een echt touwtje voor het ballonnetje. En zijn jasje heb ik nog een keertje uitgeknipt, voor het 3-D effect. Vervolgens heb ik een stempel gestempeld met Versamark inkt en hierop witte Embossing poeder gestrooid, vervolgens met een warmtepistool eroverheen om het af te maken. Vervolgens heb ik een plakkertje geschreven met "Have a sparkling" omdat er in het doosje sterretjes zitten! En wie vindt dat nou niet leuk!!

We hebben weer een prachtige prijs te winnen, dus ga gauw mee doen en vergeet niet bij de andere designers van ons team te kijken!




I am planning to make a few of these boxes to give to friends and family for the New Year!




















The back:




4 opmerkingen:

  1. jannie.....what a great idea! love that pencil case. :)

    when my son was little, the sparklers were a big hit in my house. i still think we have some left too, lol.

    great super project.tfs.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love sparklers and fireworks Jannie. This is is a great idea for storing them. Fab project.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Fab project!
    Happy Christmas!
    Helen x

    PS - thanks for the gorgeous Christmas card which arrived this morning...so cute!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Jannie, I received your lovely Christmas Card....thanks so much....you are a darling. I left you something on my blog...check it out....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen